Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dreams Realized

I have lots of things that I would love to have. I find them all over the place.  Magazines, books, the radio, anywhere.  I have an expansive list of things that I want, but those things can stay on that list for anywhere from 6 months to...19 years? I like to take my time making consumer decisions.

So about two years ago I heard a radio interview with a guy talking about running barefoot.  I don't run. I wouldn't run if you chased me.  I have abandoned running as an option. I am convinced that it is in my best interest to stop, turn around, and just take my chances.  But briefly in this interview about the barefoot running maniacs, they mentioned a type of shoe that is basically a glove for your feet.

I might be alone on this; but that sounds like two slices of blueberry pie to me, so I investigated and found the Vibram Fivefinger.  These could be the ugliest thing I have ever laid eyes on, and yet I can not look away.  I was instantly drawn to these wheels and knew that it was only a matter of time, well of time and saving the $85 to order them, well saving about $50 and begging my wife to pay for the other half, until they would be mine.

Fast forward 2 years give or take and today, upon my return home I should be greeted by a beautiful daughter, overly excited dog, probably angry, tired, disappointed, but very cute wife, and the true object of my current affection.

Christ I hope they don't suck...

1 comment:

  1. Those things are so ugly, my bro has some. He also says they hurt his feet. Let me know how they work for you.

    ReplyDelete